Meditation is a powerful practice for achieving greater peace of mind. Regular practice will enhance mental, physical, and spiritual well-being. Our two-week, 4 session introductory course gives a step-by-step guide to the practice and is intended to help you establish a meditation practice as part of your daily routine. Each class will include practical sessions of guided meditation, opportunities for feedback and questions, and background theory. Topics covered include the following:
- Why meditate?
- Lifestyle for meditation practice
- Practical techniques for meditation
- Techniques to develop concentration
- Mechanics of the mind: How does the mind function? How can we start to bring the mind under control?
- Positive thinking and meditation
Arjuna is a direct disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda and has been teaching family yoga programs in Sivananda centers and ashrams for many years. Arjuna’s approach is dynamic, personal, and inspiring, and includes many instructive stories from his time spent with his guru, Swami Vishnudevananda.